Apology as of 01/12/2009

The management of this blog wishes to apologize for the lengthy hiatus that we seem to have taken. It wasn't intentional. It just kind of happened. We are working on getting some new posts up. There are many things that have been discovered in the past months that definitely made life worth living. Bear with us until we can get back on some kind of schedule.

Thanks for your understanding and patience,

The Mgmnt.



Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Joseph's Restaurant

Location:
129 Meeting Street
Charleston, SC 29401

Type:
"Lowcountry" Diner

Website:
www.josephsofcharleston.com

Experience:
This was place that we had breakfast on our last day in Charleston. So for those of you who want me to stop this reviewing of restaurants, you only have to wait for me to do a few places from Florida and then we will get back to our normally scheduled reviews, already in progress.

Once again, it took a while to get our group together to go out for breakfast. Joseph's was recommended to us, so we thought we would give it a try but we showed up with a group of 7, literally 10 minutes before they closed in order to switch over to lunch. They sat us anyway.

The service was really good (although this could have been in order to get us out more quickly) but no one ever complained that we were there. Apparently one of the ladies who worked there remembered some of our party from the day before when they had eaten there and was asking us all about the wedding and since I had my camera made me show her pictures. It was the little moments like that during my stay in Charleston that made me really understand what "southern hospitality" is. Memphis may be located in the south, but seems to be missing a lot of those southern charms that are associated with the south.

The restaurant itself is kind of quaint. There isn't anything really flashy about it. But when you tasted the food, you realize that the family who runs the restaurant doesn't need flash. My mother and I split two different breakfasts because neither one of us could make up our minds. The kitchen went ahead and split each of the breakfast entrees onto separate plates for us. The little touches in serving really make it feel like you are being taken care of. At least, in my opinion. 

But even if it wasn't for this the food was still very good. They have sweet potato pancakes that are just too good for their own good. They are so good that even though you want to savor them and eat them slowly, there is no way that that is going to happen. I also had half of one of their omelets. It wasn't AS good as the pancakes, but that isn't saying that the omelet too wasn't wonderful. The only complaint that I had about the food was that the hash-browns were a little soggy but I am chalking that up to the fact that we walked in as they were trying to close. 

It would have been nice to stay around and have lunch there, but as we were all trying to get back on the road, there just wasn't time. But I am very glad that I was able to have breakfast at least.

Overall:
Service was great, and extremely friendly. Food was very well presented and tasted amazing. Minus the hash-browns, but that could be explained away. I wish that we could have spent a little more time but we were trying to rush it a little in order to get out of their hair so they could prepare for lunch. On my next visit to Charleston, I will definitely have Joseph's on my list of places to eat at, and I would highly recommend that you do the same.
4 Carats

No comments: